Operation Fresh Start provides Dane County youth a path to self-sufficiency through education and job training.
In Dane County there are over 3,000 disconnected youth, ages 16 – 24. The vast majority of them have not completed high school and many lack the connections and resources needed to succeed in life. Operation Fresh Start (OFS) is here to help these youth find a path forward and a new beginning. We believe in fresh starts.
- Still need your high school diploma? Enroll in the Pathways program to get started on your career path.
- Did you graduate from high school, but aren’t sure what your next step is? Learn more about Strive.
- Building Futures is now. Please take a moment to learn about our Building Futures Campaign.
- OFS received special recognition for restoring the stone farm house at Silverwood County Park and turning it into a Visitor Center. Read the complete article in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Consider Operation Fresh Start in your end-of-year giving. Visit our donation (Donate to OFS) page to learn about more ways of giving to support Dane County’s disconnected youth.
OPERATION FRESH START PROGRAMMING
PATHWAYS: Through our core Pathways program, 130 youth annually work towards their high school diplomas, learning job skills, developing career goals and serving their communities. Community service is accomplished through youth building affordable housing and doing extensive conservation work around Dane County.
STRIVE: Operation Fresh Start (OFS) is offering a program for those who are between 17-21 years old and have earned their high school diploma but are still deciding on a career path. Strive participants are paid for on-site work, planning career goals, preparing for future jobs and exploring free career training opportunities.
OPTIONS: Options engages more than 100 Dane County youth ages 16-24 who are not on track to complete high school by helping them chart a future to high school completion.
GRADUATE CREW: Graduate Crew includes a professional contractor and four or five former Pathways participants who work on advanced construction crew.