• Supervise a crew of 8 to 13 youth in the completion of new or remodeled homes.
• Plan and coordinate crew work activities and coordinate materials and equipment procurement with other staff.
• Assign participant work duties; motivate crew members to work together as a team.
• Monitor project process and quality of crew members' work.
• Instruct crew members in the safe use and maintenance of hand and power tools; enforce all OFS safety rules, guidelines, and policies.
• Communicate regularly with Project Manager concerning project progress, material needs, appropriate building techniques, and needed technical assistance.
• Maintain work site in a clean, orderly, and professional manner; maintain and properly care for van, tools, and equipment.
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with the community in the immediate neighborhood for the housing site.
The Carpenter & Construction Crew Supervisor trains and supervises a crew of 8–13 young people to construct or remodel homes. OFS Construction Supervisors work as a team with other direct service staff, including classroom teachers, placement staff, and other support staff, to provide a comprehensive job skill, educational, and personal development program to emerging youth, ages 16–24. The goal of the program is to assist young people to become successful, self-sufficient adults. The ideal candidate has house building, carpentry and/or construction experience and a desire and aptitude to help young people overcome obstacles and mistakes. Specific job duties are listed below.
About the Company