OFS Legacy Program participants work on either construction or conservation crews.
A construction crew participant will:
- Build affordable homes (new construction or renovations of existing homes) for first-time home-buyers
- Perform all phases of construction from start to completion of the house (except those requiring building trades licenses or heavy equipment)
- Receive training (regardless of prior experience) in the skills necessary to do the job well. Skills include safe use of carpentry hand tools and power tools.
- Work in all-types of weather: cold, rain, heat, as well as in buggy conditions.
- Learn essential employability skills:
- effective communication,
- creative problem-solving, and
An OFS home stands as the legacy of each participant and is an asset to the homebuyer and to the neighborhood. Since 1970, OFS crews have built or remodeled over 280 homes that are well-built, energy-efficient and hazard-free.
- OSHA Certification
- Pre-Apprenticeship Readiness Training credential
- First-Aid/CPR certification