About: Operation Fresh Start has been in the building and rehabbing business for over forty years. The Graduate Crew includes a professional contractor and four or five former Operation Fresh Start Pathways participants who have competed to be placed on this advanced construction crew.
PACT is a Department of Labor recognized construction certificate program developed by The Home Builders Institute, the workforce development arm of the National Association of Home Builders. Similar to the traditional apprenticeship system, 80% of the curriculum is taught on our construction sites, while the remaining 20% is classroom activities.
Once a member of the Graduate Crew, individuals receive their lead worker abatement training and certification.
Graduate Crew gives youth real work experience on our hire-for-service construction crew. Youth who complete this program enter into family supporting construction jobs. In our Graduate Crew Program, we have a 96% placement rate of program completers and an 86% retention rate in apprenticeships.
Eligible Work Activities
Our path to apprenticeship partnership with J.H. Findorff & Son, Inc. is made possible by Wisconsin Fast Forward.
As a result of the Building Futures Campaign, Graduate Crew platform will continue to give youth real work experience on our fee-for-service construction crew. Youth who complete this program enter into family supporting construction jobs.