For nearly 50 years, Operation Fresh Start has given 8,000 disconnected youth a second chance in life by providing a path forward to self-sufficiency. In 2015, we set out to prepare for the next 50 years with our ambitious Building Futures Capital Campaign.
We sought to raise $4.5 million for a brand new home where we could expand.
With your help and generosity, we did it!
We are thrilled to announce that Operation Fresh Start has reached the $4,500,000 Building Futures Capital Campaign goal! This enables us to complete the renovation project, move this winter, and start programming in our new home. This is the first capital campaign that the organization has undertaken and we are very grateful to the community for their belief in our mission and youth.
- To our supporters who donated generously so that we could fulfill our campaign goal, THANK YOU
- To our youth and program partners who have been renovating our future home, THANK YOU
- To the business volunteers who hung drywall and painted, THANK YOU
- To the companies who have donated furniture, THANK YOU
- To our Capital Campaign Cabinet of volunteers, THANK YOU
- And to our Campaign Co-Chairs, Lau and Bea Christensen, THANK YOU
We know we could not have done this without the broad support of our generous and caring community. What an incredible community we get to be a part of!
We will be moving into our future home in January of 2019.
We will celebrate with our supporters, youth, community, and friends in the spring of 2019. We can’t wait!
You Can Still Contribute!
We look forward to honoring gifts of $1,000 and up on our permanent donor wall (please know that we are grateful for each and every gift). If you’d still like to donate to the campaign, you can do so through November 17, 2018. Any dollars raised above and beyond the $4,500,000 goal will support expanded program growth in our new space, thus securing a vibrant future for Operation Fresh Start and youth in Dane County.